Monday 11 May 2009

Cycling for Macmillan

well, my first time blogging, I guess you have to start and join the trend at some point.

I am planning on cycling for Macmillan Cancer Support in September 2009 in the Alps.
this will include 3 days of cycling the most gruelling and tough up-hills of the Tour de France cycling race.
Reaching heights of over 2500m (starting from 400...in one day) - this is certainly going to be a challenge.

So I am getting my new bike this week [all those who are not interested in bicycle terms etc, can skip this part] - a Titanium frame (Pretorious - its a new small manufacturer of high-end bikes) with Campag Centaur components (my first time to use Campag on the bike).

so once my bike arrives, I can start training more bike specific training (so far I have been on the mountain bike, commuting bike and in the gym - spinning etc and upper body strength training).
it is recommended that I do some up-hills training, so as there are not many hills in the UK - I was suggested to find the steepest longest hill in my area, and to climb it up and down until I reach a 25km run. (that would be around 25-30 times climbing the same hill per session).

well - this is just the first one, so more to come in this space at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment